- Let Congress know that biking and walking funds should be included in next stimulus package.
- Two minutes is all it takes to send an email to elected officials thanks to Adventure Cycling.
FABB encourages everyone to join Adventure Cycling’s push to have Congress include more money for active transportation in the next COVID-19 stimulus package and future federal transportation bill reauthorization.
More people than ever are biking and walking, and the pandemic crisis has only underscored how important these modes are for transportation, recreation, and health. There is a crying need for new safe biking and walking facilities that connect people to their destinations as well as dedicated funding for safety improvements. Plus, active transportation projects create 17 jobs per $1 million spent, or 46% more jobs than motorized-only road projects.
Now is the time to act to get needed funds. There are several bills that support the bike-friendly Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) and the Recreational Trails Program (RTP) and deserve our vocal support:
- S 2077 Complete Streets
- S 3391 HR 5696 The Connecting America’s Active Transportation System Act
- HR 5231: Transportation Alternatives Enhancement Act
- HR 5797 RTP Expansion Act
- HR 5642 Funding Active Transportation Projects on Public Lands
Adventure Cycling makes it easy to send an email supporting these bills to our elected representatives in Congress. Just visit the Action Network here and then fill out the form.
Please take a few minutes today and let Congress know that you want to make bicycling better.