- Support planned bike/ped infrastructure along Braddock Road in Annandale.
- Plan now to join virtual public information meeting on Tuesday, November 29, at 7:00 pm.
FABB encourages local riders to participate in a Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) virtual public information meeting on planned multimodal improvements along three miles of Braddock Road (Route 620) between Humphries Drive in Burke and Ravensworth Road in Annandale.
The proposed improvements aim to boost multimodal safety, mobility, and accessibility for all users with intersection and interchange enhancements, new and upgraded shared- use paths along both sides of Braddock Road, and a potential pedestrian overpass just west of Burke Lake Road. The project team will make a short presentation beginning at 7 pm and answer questions for about an hour after the presentation.
This is a great opportunity to Speak Up! in support of better bicycling infrastructure and to share your ideas for improving the proposals.
VDOT plans include:
- Intersection enhancements, including at Rolling Road, Wakefield Chapel Road/Danbury Forest Drive and Burke Lake Road;
- New and upgraded shared-use paths along both sides of Braddock Road; and
- A pedestrian overpass just west of Burke Lake Road.
We need to ensure that the proposed path is wide enough to accommodate bikers and walkers and that ample space is provided at intersections for all users.
Register to participate online here.
To call in without registering and participate in listen-only mode, dial +1-877-309-2071 and use access code: 254-339-858.
You can review project information and meeting details on the VDOT project webpage here.
If unable to attend, please use the comment form on the project website to share your ideas by the December 14, 2022 deadline. You also can send comments via email to [email protected] Please reference “Braddock Road Multimodal Improvements” in the subject line.
Mark your calendars and join us in supporting better bicycling in Annandale.