- Virtual Mount Vernon District paving and restriping meeting set for March 15.
- Bike lanes planned for Old Richmond Highway, Whernside Street, Cinder Bed Road, and Laurel Crest Drive/Dudley Drive.
The next Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) virtual public meeting on paving and restriping changes will focus on the Mount Vernon District and will be held on Monday, March 15, at 7:00 pm.
FABB wants local riders to take advantage of this opportunity to show your support new bike facilities and help VDOT improve its summer repaving program by offering their ideas on how best to place and protect bike lanes. For example, if on-street parking is maintained, ask VDOT to consider placing the parking to protect the bike lane.
The 2021 proposals for Mount Vernon District will add bike facilities to:
- Old Richmond Highway from Huntington Avenue to Richmond Highway: Add bike lanes in each direction.
- Whernside Street from Telegraph Road to Pohick Road: Add a bike lane in one direction.
- Cinder Bed Road from Newington Road to end of road: Add bike lanes in both directions.
- Laurel Crest Drive/Dudley Drive from Hooes Road to Outlet Road/Golf Course Entrance: Convert existing shoulders to bike lanes where on-street parking is not needed or desired.
Learn more about the proposed changes and provide feedback at the March 15 meeting by registering online through Webex or dialing in by phone 1-844-621-3956 with access code 129 576 4386.
A video recording and the meeting presentation will be available afterward on the Mount Vernon District paving and restriping page. You can also provide online comment here through March 29.