- Show VDOT the public supports planned bicycle improvements.
- Advocate for bicycle infrastructure and traffic calming measures as essential elements of all transportation projects
FABB encourages local Vienna riders to plan now to attend a Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) virtual public meeting on planned bicycle and pedestrian improvements in the area of the Vienna Metro station. The meeting will be on Wednesday, February 24, from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
The meeting will be a great opportunity to show your support for the planned enhancements, which include:
- Constructing shared-use paths along Blake Lane and Sutton Road from the I-66 bridge to Country Creek Road;
- Adding a two-way cycle track with adjacent sidewalk along Country Creek Road/Virginia Center Boulevard from Sutton Road to the Metro North Parking Lot entrance;
- Implementing a Road Diet along Country Creek Road/Virginia Center Boulevard from Sutton Road to the Metro North Parking Lot entrance;
- Realigning the I-66 westbound ramp to Country Creek Road;
- Modifying the traffic signals at the intersections of Sutton Road and Blake Lane, Country Creek Road and the ramp from westbound I-66, and Country Creek Road and Vaden Drive; and
- Installing new pavement markings and signs.
Information for accessing and participating in the meeting is available here. The project team will make a short presentation beginning at 7:00 pm and then answer questions afterwards.
If unable to participate in the meeting, you can submit comments using the comment form on the project website here, by mail to Mr. Zamir Mirza, Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030, or by email to [email protected]. Please reference “Vienna Metro Station Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements” in the subject line.