- 2020 Dranesville District paving and restriping plans include two sections in Reston and two in McLean.
- March 25 public meeting cancelled but comments can be submitted at FCDOT Dranesville District web page by 8 April.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) have cancelled the public meeting on proposed paving and restriping changes in the eastern part of Dranesville District for 2020. You can still submit your ideas and expressions of support on the Dranesville Paving and Restriping page before the comment period closes on April 8.
Reston and McLean are the focus of the 2020 proposals for eastern Dranesville:
- In Reston, bike lanes are to be added in both directions on Dulles Technology Corridor from Sunrise Valley Drive to Sunrise Valley Drive. Existing legal on-street parking in the outside parking lane will be maintained.
- A southbound bike lane north of Coates Elementary School will be added to the existing bike lanes on River Birch Road between Sunrise Valley Drive and Dulles Technology Drive. Existing legal on-street parking will be maintained on both sides of the road.
- In McLean, a bike lane (north-west bound) and shared lane (south-east bound) will be added to Elm Street from Dolley Madison Boulevard to Chain Bridge Road. Existing legal on-street parking will be maintained on both sides of the road with the exception of two parking spaces on the south side near the intersection with Beverly Road.
- Bike lanes and bike lane buffers will be added, where feasible, to Westmoreland Street from Chain Bridge Road to Kirby Road.
A planned meeting to discuss paving and restriping proposals for the western part of Dranesville also has been cancelled.