FABB is hiring! We are looking for a motivated part-time Development Director to lead our fundraising efforts and help us expand our advocacy to make Fairfax County a better place to bike. Since 2005 FABB has worked effectively to improve bike conditions in the county and we need to build on this momentum.
The Development Director will create and manage a corporate sponsorship program to help fund FABB advocacy activities and educate and encourage employees to bike to work. The Director will also pursue funding from private donors and foundation grants. The Director will report to the FABB President, and work directly with other board members to achieve FABB’s goals. The Director should have a passion for making bicycling better in Fairfax County. The ideal candidate should be familiar with bicycle conditions in the county.
- Work with the Board to design and direct fundraising programs.
- Develop a corporate sponsorship program and execute associated programs, such as bike commuting seminars.
- Work with the Board to research grant opportunities and write proposals.
- Manage contacts and donor databases.
- Oversee donor communications
- Participate in FABB rides and attend events, public meetings, and other activities.
- Experience managing nonprofit fundraising programs
- Experience with 501(c)(3) organizations and working with non-profit Boards.
- Experience with bicycle advocacy or similar transportation advocacy.
- Professional public image and effective writing, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule.
- Knowledge of Fairfax County and related transportation, health, environmental, and smart growth issues is highly desirable.
- Ownership of and ability to comfortably ride a bicycle.
- Desire to make bicycling better in Fairfax.
- Position is located in the Greater Washington area with ideal candidate living in Fairfax or in neighboring communities.
Compensation and Schedule: This is a part-time position with a negotiable hourly rate commensurate with experience and negotiated time commitment. It has a flexible schedule that allows for most work to be performed at home but with some work assignments in the evenings and on weekends. FABB does not currently provide medical insurance or other employee benefits.
Applications: FABB is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
Send a cover letter and resume in a PDF to [email protected]. Please include “Development Director” in the subject line.
This position will remain posted until filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by April 16, 2021.
FABB is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that works with local government officials, other non-profits, and private partners to help make Fairfax County a more bicycle-friendly place. FABB’s mission is to ensure that bicycling is an integral part of the transportation system of and active lifestyles in Fairfax County. For more information about the organization, visit its website at https://fabb-bikes.org.