- Online Sully District paving and restriping meeting set for March 24.
- Bike lanes planned for Brookfield Corporate Drive, Center View Drive, Daly Drive, Rugby Road, and Sullyfield Circle.
FABB encourages local riders to plan now to participate in the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) virtual public meeting on proposed paving and restriping changes in the Sully District on Wednesday, March 24, at 7:00 pm.
The proposals for Sully District this year include new biking facilities for:
- Brookfield Corporate Drive from Sullyfield Circle to the end of the road: Adds bike lanes in both directions.
- Center View Drive between Lee Jackson Memorial Highway and Lowe Street: Restripe the road with two travel lanes, bike lanes, and a center left turn lane or buffered bike lanes in the wider sections.
- Daly Drive between Willard Road and Brookfield Corporate Drive: Adds bike lanes in both directions.
- Rugby Road between Lee Jackson Memorial Highway and Fairfax County Parkway: Converts underutilized outside travel lanes to buffered bike lanes to calm travel speeds and improve bicycle access, pedestrian safety and comfort.
- Sullyfield Circle from Lee Jackson Memorial Highway to Sullyfield Circle: Adds bike lanes in both directions.
Plan now to participate and sign up here. You also can call into the meeting at 1-844-621-3956 with Access Code: 129 368 6094.
For those unable to attend the meeting, a recording of the session will be available after the event at the FCDOT website. The comment period for Sully District paving and restriping projects closes April 7 and you can send your ideas and suggestions electronically to FCDOT.