- Online Springfield District paving and restriping meeting set for March 16.
- Bike lanes planned for Bauer Drive, Hunter Village Drive, Lee Chapel Road, and Monument Drive.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) continue their series of virtual public meetings on paving and restriping changes Tuesday, March 16, at 7:00 pm to cover Springfield District.
FABB encourages people who bike in and through Springfield to show their support of new bike facilities by participating in the meeting and offer their ideas for make the proposed additions the best possible.
The 2021 proposed changes for Springfield District are:
- Bauer Drive from Old Keene Mill Road to Rolling Road: Add bike lanes where space allows.
- Hunter Village Drive between Old Keene Mill Road and north of Painted Daisy Drive: Convert existing shoulders to bike lanes where on-street parking is not needed.
- Lee Chapel Road between Old Keene Mill Road and Fairfax County Parkway: Add bike lanes in each direction.
- Monument Drive from Monument Court to Fairfax County Parkway: Add buffered bike lanes by converting underutilized outside travel lanes to calm travel speeds and improve the safety of pedestrian crossings.
Register here to participate in the virtual meeting. If you are new to Webex, the meeting platform, find instruction for use here. You also can participate by phone by dialing 1-844-621-3956 and entering this access code: 129 639 3787.
For those who cannot attend the meeting on March 16, a video of the presentation will be available after the event. Comments can be submitted electronically to FCDOT through March 30, 2021.