- Join in on Lee District paving and restriping meeting on March 23.
- Support plans for new bike lanes on Fleet Drive, Grovedale Drive, King Centre Drive, Seatrend Way, and Sir Viceroy Drive.
FABB is asking people who bike in and through Lee District to participate in a Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) virtual public meeting on Tuesday, March 23, at 7:00 pm.
This is a great opportunity to Speak Up! and help improve the VDOT repaving program. Your suggestions and ideas are important because the county uses the VDOT program to implement the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan, which includes the bike infrastructure found in the Bicycle Master Plan.
The proposals for Lee District this year will include new biking facilities for:
- Fleet Drive from Yadkin Court to Beulah Street: Add bike lanes in both directions.
- Grovedale Drive between Beulah Street and Franconia Road: Add bike lanes in both directions.
- King Centre Drive between Kingstowne Village Parkway and South Van Dorn Street: Add buffered bike lanes.
- Seatrend Way from Franconia Road to the end of the road: Add bike lanes and a center line and parking lanes to calm traffic speeds and improve bicycle and pedestrian safety and comfort.
- Sir Viceroy Drive from King Centre Drive to Kingstown Boulevard: Add bike lanes in both directions.
Sign up here to attend or participate by phone by dialing 1-844-621-3956 and using Access Code: 129 144 9355.
If unable to participate, you can watch a recording of the session will be available after the event at the FCDOT website. You can submit comments for Lee District repaving until April 6 at the FCDOT site here.