FABB is again asking members and other interested cyclists to join the the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) its annual participation the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project. The information from this count of bicyclists and pedestrians is useful for many FCDOT projects to improve multimodal transportation options, including bicycle infrastructure.
Please volunteer now to help with this important activity. This year the counts will take place on Thursday, September 12, from 5-7pm and on Saturday, September 14, from 12-2pm, rain or shine, at the following locations:
- Heritage Dr and Ravensworth Rd in Annandale
- Magarity Rd and Peabody Dr in Pimmit Hills
- Park Run Dr and Westpark Dr in Tysons
- Richmond Highway and Huntington Ave in Huntington
- Commerce St and Amherst Rd in Springfield
- Beulah St and Telegraph Rd in Kingstowne
- Town Center Parkway, New Dominion Parkway
- W&OD trail and Fairfax Co Pkwy in Reston
- George Mason Blvd and Univ. Dr in Fairfax
- Rt 50 and Metrotech Dr in Chantilly
- Rose Hill Dr and Franconia Dr in Alexandria
- W&OD trail and Gallows Rd in Dunn Loring
You can explore the opportunities for each location and sign up for your preferred date and time at the Fairfax County’s volunteer portal here. The site also provides instructions for conducting the counts and a form to use in recording the data.
This is a great opportunity to help FCDOT, yourself, and other riders make bicycling better in Fairfax County. Please volunteer!