- Please join online VDOT meeting on March 18 to support planned bike/ped improvements for Vienna Metro area.
- Share your ideas to make new shared-use paths and cycle tracks the best possible.
Hey, Vienna area riders! Plan now to participate in a Virginia Department of Transportation virtual public information meeting on Thursday, March 18, on plans to construct bicycle and pedestrian improvements around the Vienna Metro station. The VDOT project team will make a short presentation beginning at 7:00 pm and will answer questions afterwards.
The new facilities will be added along Country Creek Road/Virginia Center Boulevard between Sutton Road and the ramp to westbound I-66, and along Sutton Road between Blake Lane and Country Creek Road.
The preliminary design improvements include:
- Constructing shared-use paths along Blake Lane and Sutton Road from the I-66 bridge to Country Creek Road.
- Adding a two-way cycle track with adjacent sidewalk along Country Creek Road/Virginia Center Boulevard from Sutton Road to the Metro North Parking Lot entrance.
- Implementing a road diet along Country Creek Road/Virginia Center Boulevard from Sutton Road to the Metro North Parking Lot entrance.
- Realigning the I-66 westbound ramp to Country Creek Road to improve safety and operations.
- Modifying the traffic signals at the intersections of Sutton Road and Blake Lane, Country Creek Road and the ramp from westbound I-66, and Country Creek Road and Vaden Drive to improve safety and operations.
- Installing new pavement markings and signs.
Plan now to Speak Up! at the virtual meeting by registering online here. You also can participate without registering in listen-only mode by calling 866-901-6455 and using access code 835-327-731.
If unable to participate, you can still provide comments via the online survey or by sending an email to [email protected]. You also can send a letter to Mr. Zamir Mirza, Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Once the meeting is complete, the recorded presentation and project materials will be available online at virginiadot.org/ViennaMetroBikePed.
Join FABB at the meeting and help make bicycling better in Fairfax County.