Next Friday, May 21, is the 20th annual Bike to Work Day, and it’s not too late to register for this free event and receive a free T-shirt.
Even if you are working at home, you can take a short break to ride to the nearest pit stop, pick up your T-shirt, and get some exercise. Not only will it make your day better, it will help show support for bicycling as a great transportation option that deserves more and better infrastructure.
As you make your plans, remember that:
- Participants need to preregister for the event at www.biketoworkmetrodc.org to reserve their T-shirt (limited to first 15,000 registrants) and be eligible for raffle prizes.
- Pit stops have varying hours – be sure to check the schedule when registering here: https://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/find-your-pit-stop.
- A strict COVID policy will be in place at the pit stops, so wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
There is almost certainly a pit stop near you. The Fairfax County stops are:
- Annandale – Wakefield Park at Audrey Moore RECenter
- Chantilly – Regional Library
- Fair Lakes Center
- Fairfax City Downtown
- Fairfax County Government Center
- Fort Belvoir
- Herndon Town Hall Green (Morning and Afternoon)
- McLean – MITRE Corporation
- Mosaic at Strawberry Park
- Mt. Vernon RECenter – Belle View
- Mt. Vernon – Collingwood Park
- Oakton at Oak Marr RECenter
- Reston – Reston Station
- Springfield – Metro Park at Walker Lane
- Springfield at South Run RECenter
- Tysons Corner Center
- Vienna Town Green
Please join us on Bike to Work Day and do your part to make bicycling better in Fairfax County.