You know FABB, and you know that since we became an independent 501(c)3 non-profit in 2015 our organization has made great strides in helping to make Fairfax County a more bicycle-friendly place. FABB is now seeking a part-time Executive Director to lead our growing and increasingly active organization.
The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing FABB’s administration and programs. Other key duties will include promoting FABB’s long-term development, helping to elicit and direct volunteers for FABB’s advocacy, fundraising, and other efforts, and working with public and private partners to improve conditions for bicycling in Fairfax County.
The most qualified applicants will have experience with small nonprofit organizations and working with active boards, be organized and focused, and have a passion for bicycling or related transportation, safety, environmental, and health issues.
- Assist Board in designing and directing fundraising programs.
- Advise and assist the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities and work with volunteers to promote the organization’s brand and advocate for bicycling for transportation.
- Arrange regular Board meetings and conference calls as well as monthly membership events. Prepare agendas for and direct volunteers supporting these and other events.
- Manage membership and contacts databases.
- Support the Board in developing, approving, and maintaining annual budgets to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Build enthusiasm for the mission among diverse volunteers and donors.
- Experience with 501(c)3 organizations and working with Boards of Directors.
- Proficiency with website management and social media.
- Experience with bicycle or related advocacy.
- Pleasant, professional public image and effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule.
The most competitive applicants will have some knowledge of Fairfax County and related transportation, health, environmental, and smart growth issues. Also, ownership of and ability to comfortably ride a bicycle is a plus.
This is a part-time position with a negotiable hourly rate commensurate with experience and negotiated time commitment. It has a flexible schedule that allows for most work to be performed at home but with some work assignments in the evenings and on weekends. FABB does not currently provide medical insurance or other traditional employee benefits. FABB is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume in a PDF file to [email protected] Please include “Executive Director” in the subject line.
If you know someone who might be interested in this position, please share this blog with them.
This position will remain posted until filled, but interested candidates are encouraged to apply by August 31, 2019. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.